- Week of 8-14 April.
- Monday, tea, work, big round of backups – 70GB, late afternoon gym, Green Point Park walk, long phone chat with Jacques, sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Nothing changes, if nothing changes.
- Tuesday, walked to the office, Sababa lunch, bratwurst and sauerkraut in the Gardens Centre, a beer at Nick’s house.
- Go look for trouble and serendipity.
- It’s important to find important things to do. Important things choose you. — JP
- Wednesday, work, gym, swim, sauna, office, dev meeting, early dinner at El Burro with Adrian – we chatted startups, apps and venture builders.
- 2nd rule of startups: find network effects.
- Network before capital.
- Thursday, work, court visit, brunch at Fred & Max with Dirk – plotting something interesting, hair cut at Yogi’s, work, promenade walk, some Wagner and Shostakovich at the Town Hall with Georg.
- I always liked playing Civilization, in real life.
- 3 bets. 70:20:10 time allocation. Current, new, long shots.
- Friday, office, dev catch up, after work beers at work, promenade walk, watched some videos about Salt and Salt-proxy minions.
- I really don’t like loud people.
- Saturday, set up a salt-proxy to manage my home router – just for fun – it’s pretty snappy, gym, sunset podcast promenade walk, had a beer with Wouter, migrated some photos.
- Sunday, tea, more tea and general tinkering, backups, the classic rotisserie chicken and avo lunch, I was short on photos for the week, so I took a sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Tune of the week: Anna Begins.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.
Belgian beer hangover…
- Week of 1-6 April.
- Monday, walked to the office, Sabada lunch, pancake, tea with Michael, tinkered at La Vie.
- Listen to the Tim Ferriss interview with Neil Gaiman. Design your own Groundhog day.
- Tuesday, work, backups, gym, swim, sauna, Strolla.
- Stake in outcome vs perks of rank. The incentives always win.
- Manage complexity. Articulate well. Keep motivation.
- Wednesday, walked to the office, dev meeting, breakfast for lunch at Knead, watched Alan speak at Startup Grind, La Parada with Georg and Nick, mussels at Den Anker, time well spent.
- Science before engineering.
- I’ve been drinking more tea and avoiding coffee. Lady Grey tea.
- I don’t remember having to process information at this rate 10 years ago? News, podcasts, learning.
“Each day we demand more from society, so we can demand less from ourselves.”
- Thursday, Teraco visit – the new cabinet is looking good, MMR visit, office, Van Hunks with Anton, dinner at Anton’s.
- Friday, work, Bootleggers, La Vie, big monthly backup while taking a nap, Dennis’ birthday dinner at Beluga, a drink at Van Hunks with Georg and Anton, en bed early.
- Wrote a mini business plan for a new idea in the back of an Uber.
- Saturday, slept fairly late and played with a few side project ideas, ventured to the shops to get antihistamine – seasonal change I guess, promenade walk, nap, creative writing, IPv6 tinkering.
- I like Ben Shapiro, listen to his interview with Andrew Yang.
- Sunday, tea, creative writing, more IPv6 tinkering, Clifton 1st with Georg and Dan, dinner at the Mojo Market, time well spent.
- Watch: Philosophy of Pessimism
Have a fun week, crazy kids.