Green smoothies, brain food, bicycle for the mind…
- Week of 22-28 April.
- Monday, public holiday, finished some creative writing, beer tasting at Signal Gun with Georg, ribs at Da Vinci’s, nap coma, blogging at La Vie.
- Tuesday, office, helped a friend with some wifi advice, gym, sauna, sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Matt Buckland passed away. Stomach cancer. 44yo. Very sad. Thanks for all the adventures between 2007 and 2010ish. Made me pretty nostalgic this week. Good memories.
- Made me think about the blogging and geekdinner scenes of 2006-2010. Linux user group scenes 1997-2009. ISPA/WAPA scenes. Nerds like scenes. The latest WC-NOG gatherings are pretty cool. Looks like the Cape Town ~geekdinners might get some form of reboot soon.
- I think podcasts are a new kind of bicycle for the mind – plus you get to ride while doing other things.
- I deleted the Google Maps app off my phone. Last week was Java and Flash off my laptop. Apple Maps app works well, shows traffic etc.
- I think my carbon footprint is pretty small at the moment.
- Wednesday, office, datacentre migration admin, Mojo market supper, prom walk, listened to all the Naval podcasts, creative writing with a Famous Grouse.
“In modern society, the downside is limited, the upside is unlimited.” — Naval
- Mia phoned me on Wednesday night. She said her school principle told them about the Purple Cow party. I said, funny you should mention that, because I’m kinda busy working on something related at the moment.
- Thursday, work, gym, swim, sauna, video conference, sunset prom walk.
- Love the doing. Have a bias for action.
- I did an experiment, stopped taking a bunch of supplements: omega, creatine, collagen etc. I found my joins did not feel great, gym was not a lot of fun. Then I started taking them again and I have to say I can feel the difference. Who knows if this is a mental game, but I think it works.
“Liberals start companies, conservatives run them.” — JP
- I suspect I’m much better at starting companies than running them.
- Friday, office, fetched Mia from school, late lunch at Vergelegen, Moro gelato, sunset promenade walk, we waked to the Mojo market – brain food and bubbly, Mia managed 6 oysters, nightcap a La Perla, time well spent.
- I’ve been getting into green smoothies again. Seems like an easy way to eat kale and broccoli.
- Saturday, tea and tinkering on side projects, green smoothies, BIA machine visit, brunch at Knead with Mia, supplements shopping – and smoothie ingredients, Nick’s birthday braai with Georg, Anton visit, listened to Electrolite driving over Kloof Nek, ice cream with Mia – while she watched Guardians of the Galaxy I again, upgraded some servers.
- No AfrikaBurn for me this year. Feel like I need to clean up my own back yard a bit first. Create something interesting. Prepare well. Contribute something interesting.
- Sunday, green smoothies, omelette at the CTICC2, FanCon visit – very geeky – Mia enjoyed it, Kalk Bay harbour walk, brain food at the Brass Bell, gelato, He-man colour tea at Groot Constantia and a stroll, device upgrades and backups, in bed early, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition
Have a fun week, crazy kids.