Flaneuring, Naval podcasts, Jenga…
- Week of 3-9 June.
- Monday, office, breakfast for lunch, dev catch up, prom walk, nap, watched Apple WWDC.
- Inspiration is perishable.
- Tuesday, up early, DC cross connect migrations, nap, work, gym, rainy day soup, catch-up with Wouter and Rene.
“Telkom seems happy to be a me-too player in the South African fibre-to-the-home market, opening the door for companies like Vumatel, Frogfoot, and Octotel to eat its lunch.” — MyBB
- I listened to the full Naval podcast again, and the Naval interview with Joe Rogan. Big man crush.
- Wednesday, work, walked to the office, turmeric shot, wifi troubleshooting, brain food at the Mojo market, micro nap, watched Romancing the Stone again, seasonal change thing – took two anti-histamines and slept like a baby.
- Check out iAnalyzeWifi – on the macOS App Store, useful for wifi troubleshooting, if you don’t have an Android phone.
- Thursday, work, gym, promenade walk, burger and some tinkering at Hussar.
- Stating the obvious. Seems when I have more than about 5 things I should be doing, but I don’t get around to, I feel pretty demotivated. Some kind of option paralysis. The obvious answer is just to start doing one and get it done – but my brain sucks at that.
“I am, at the federal level, Libertarian; at the state level, Republican; at the local level, Democrat; and at the family and friends level, a Socialist.” — Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Skin in the Game
- Friday, office, fetched Mia from school, flaneuring around Stellenbosch, book shop visit to get the 5th School for Good and Evil book for Mia, oxtail and cassata at Barrique at Vredenheim by the fireplace, time well spent.
- Saturday, tinkering, backups, upgrades, a drive to Hout Bay, burgers at La Parada – top of Constantia Neck, Moro gelato, mini nap, sunset promenade flaneuring, supper and a T10 on the Stolla deck with Mia, Jenga with Barry, Wouter and Rene – and some red wine, time well spent.
- Sunday, Mia finished her book, we had breakfast at Lily’s, a walk around the Waterfront, we watched X-Men Dark Phoenix 3D at the VIP cinemas – very entertaining, some flaneuring, book shop, a Duvel at the Duvel Bar and some Moules Marinieres at Den Anker – I really like that place, nap, sunset promenade walk with Mia, introduced Mia to PyGame Zero, time well spent.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.