- Week of 17 to 23 June.
- Monday, woke up in Plett, breakfast at East Heads Cafe in Knysna, road trip back to Cape Town with Georg, took a walk to the Waterfront, 2-for-1 mussels special at Den Anker, watched The Thomas Crown Affair again.
- Electric cars currently cost about R30/100km in electricity, but can take 4 hours to charge.
- Tuesday, office, dev catch up, DC migration admin, saganaki salad for supper.
- I blogged: Start Here
- Wednesday, some ISP cross connect migrations, late afternoon meeting at the Waterfront, a beer in Fresnaye.
- Autodidact: a self-taught person.
- Thursday, up early, eggs breakfast special at Knead, a few more productive ISP cross connect migrations, extended sunset podcast promenade walk – great evening, some drama with a switch OS issue.
- Friday, office, dev catch up, One Juice smoothie and turmeric shots, after work drinks at the office, early supper at Mojo Market, watched American Sniper again.
- DuckDuckGo has a dark mode (-:
- I installed a browser plugin that prevents me from using Google search.
“Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes.” — P.J. O’Rourke
- WWI ended 1918, WWII 1945.
- Saturday, watched The Jewel of the Nile, rainy day, met Mia at the Waterfront, breakfast for lunch at W Cafe, tea at The Mount Nelson, Gardens Centre book shop visit and biltong shopping, device upgrades and backups, installed some Lucas Arts adventure games for Mia (Loom, The Dig, Sam & Max), upgraded Mia’s phone to an iPhone6s – and helped Mia with some photo management, her phone kept running out of space, a glass of red wine with Wouter, time well spent.
- Mia has a Macbook Air, 2015 model. It was her first computer. I was thinking, I’m really impressed with it. Solid state storage, enough memory, lightweight, battery lasts forever. My first computer was a Commodore 64, very different devices. Seems anything made after about 2012 is pretty great. Crazy improvements in gadgets in the last 10 years.
- Sunday, brunch at Green Point Park Cafe with Mia, flaneurning towards the Waterfront via the stadium, we explored the Chavonnes Battery Museum, we watched Men in Black IV – not bad, winter burger special, found Mia a new jersey, desert at the Watershed Market, I watched the Bob Lazar Area 51 doccie on Netflix, time well spent.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.