- Week of 15-21 July.
- Monday, work, gym, sauna, soup for lunch, work, sunset podcast walk to the Waterfront, mussels Monday at Den Anker with Georg.
- Georg is leaving SA for a long project soon.
- Tuesday, early morning vlan cutovers – the last one – finally, office, dev catch up, Woodstock Exchange visit, haircut at Yogi’s, extended podcast walk.
- Listen to the Peter Thiel interview on The Portal.
- Wednesday, Inner City Ideas Cartel – interesting meeting, office, breakfast for lunch, Da Vinci’s ribs special.
“Everybody should work for themselves, commanding robots.” — Naval
- Brew some recklessness into them.
- I was offered ‘Life-time ISPA Fellowship‘ status, so I filled in the web form.
- Never gets old. You got any promising leads? They got us working in shifts.
- Teraco valuation is now 1B USD.
- Thursday, cold and rainy day, tea, work, lunch and a catch up with Paul, work, podcast nap, watched The Boondock Saints again – great movie.
- Work in industries which are not stagnating.
- Octotel is now the 3rd biggest FTTH provider in SA.
- Friday, work, fetched Mia from school, banana bread at The Deli Co at the Waterfront – nice sunset views, we watched Yesterday – cool movie – Mia enjoyed it, book shop.
- Saturday, tea, random tinkering, Mia and I had lunch at The Company Gardens Cafe, we watched Dark Universe at the Planetarium, braai at Dirk’s, I dropped Mia off at a party, back to the braai for some Wagyu steaks, fetched Mia, back to Cape Town, time well spent.
- Sunday, tea and grapefruit, device upgrades and backups, braai meat for brunch, perfect weather, we took an aimless walk, soft serve ice cream by the Sea Point pool, Clifton beach walk, Glen Beach, ended up having a pasta at Col’caccio’s Camps Bay, tiramisu, nap, random tinkering and notes processing, time well spent.
- I listened to the Naval – Joe Rogan interview for the 3rd time this week.
- Found a photo of me and a cat on Mia’s phone.
- Note to self: more long walks.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.