Scenius, Elze, Simon & Garfunkel…
- Week of 29 July to 4 August.
- Monday, work, gym, swim, Green Point Park walk, rainy day, Mussels Monday with Georg, Adrian and Al, time well spent.
- Octotel received more than 2k orders in July, new record.
- I crossed the 1000 Instagram photos mark recently.
- Tuesday, rainy day, office, managed to get fairly wet running in the rain, Wouter and I started making a pitch deck.
- Wednesday, work, gym, swim, sauna, second Scenius dinner at Josephine Mill in Newlands – cool venue, last minute pitch deck making, Tom presented the slideshow karaoke deck I made about IPv6, big thanks to the wine sponsor, good food, time well spent.
- Thursday, made omelettes, work, backups, found a replacement light bulb and battery for my keyring, took a sunset walk towards the Waterfront, bought a copy of Matt’s book at EB, watched The Current War it the VIP cinema – good movie, winter dinner special at The Greek Fisherman.
- The actor that played Westinghouse looked familiar – he was the bad guy in The Shape of Water.
- Friday, office, helped Dirk set up a wifi router for his mom in Somerset West, fetched Mia from school, we had conveyor belt sushi at 1890 in Obs – good value, Moro gelato, catch up with Wouter – it’s been a week of pretty bad news for SA, the socialists are doing what they do best.
- Saturday, tea, photo processing, device upgrades and backups, Mia and I made omelettes, baby toy shopping, went to go visit Jacques and Marietjie and met Elze for the first time (who is about a week old now), braai, watched parts of Megamind again, nice to catch up with Jacques, time well spent.
- Elze is very cute, and enjoys sleeping.
- Sunday, brunch at Jacques’, Mia and I went to watch Here’s To You (Simon & Garfunkel show) at The Theatre on the Bay – nice show, supper at Primi, Camps Bay walk, random tinkering and macOS updates while half watching The Fast and the Furious (not sure which one), time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Simon & Garfunkel – I Am A Rock
Have a fun week, crazy kids.