Water and salts…
- Week of 26 Aug to 1 Sept.
- Health week 2/6. 5 day water fasting week.
- Monday, up early, blogging, gym, Green Point Park walk, office, dev catch up, stocked up on various salts for fasting, podcast nap, walk.
- Started listening to The War of Art – audiobook.
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it.” — George Orwell
- Tuesday, tea, backups, mobility routine, office, podcast nap, walked to the Waterfront, EBs, watched Angel Has Fallen – mostly to take my mind off the fasting, long phone chat with Jacques.
“Wat in SA val nie uit mekaar nie? Fibre?” — Jacques
- Started listening to 21 Lessons for the 21st Century.
- Wednesday, swim, sauna, office, tea at Bootleggers, catch up with Justin, audiobook nap.
- How to fix South Africa: Deregulate labour market. Reboot education. Keep property rights. Remove race based policies. — Frans Cronje
- Thursday, office, dev catch up, sunset walk, watched Apocalypse Now – Final Cut at IMAX with Wouter, Jacques and Paul – 3 hour epic movie journey, a drink (water) at Hanks just after midnight with Wouter for his birthday.
- Friday, work, had an avo – first food for the week, Wembley Square, swim, sauna, a quick catch up with Jonathan, biltong shopping, fetched Mia from school, braai at Dirk’s – great meal, Mia and I watched the Pieter-Dirk Uys #HeTwo Evita Exposed show at the Theatre on the Bay – good show, time well spent.
“Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessle’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever had.” — Tyler
- Saturday, tea, device upgrades and backups, winter lunch special at Kloof St House with Mia, Moro Gelato, Glen Beach walk, sunset promenade walk, we watched Donnie Darko while I installed Afrikaans spell checking on Mia’s phone and laptop, time well spent.
- Check out the Dark Reader Firefox add-on.
- Tele – latin for far/distant, Telecoms.
- Had some good value red wines this week: La Motte – Millennium, and Rupert Rothchild – Classique. I’m starting to think less is more – aka mildful drinking – and, South Africa has great wines at good prices compared to the rest of the world, might as well enjoy them.
- Sunday, tea, random tinkering, shopping with Mia, Sunday lunch at the President Hotel with Georg and Mia, epic nap, braai with Wouter, good red wine and marzipan, time well spent.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.