Board games night, oxtail and Black Keys…
- Week of 30 Sept to 6 Oct.
- This post is not late.
- Monday, woke up in Sea Point for a change, walked to the office, dev catch up, sunset podcast promenade walk, watched Annihilation – very good.
- I’ve developed a liking for rice cakes with cream cheese and avo.
- Tuesday, work, gym, work, some fun and games with iOS 13 contacts syncing, oxtail dinner at Hugo and Dennis’ with Georg.
- If your contacts don’t sync well after iOS 13 upgrade using iTunes – I had a bunch of duplicates – there is a setting in iTunes where you can replace all contacts on the phone. Make a backup of your macOS contacts before you upgrade to iOS 13.
- Wednesday, work, meeting at the Winchester, meeting at Strolla, nap, Van Hunks with Johannes, Pierre, Stefan, Anton and Hanrick.
- Thursday, office, dev catchup, breakfast for lunch at Knead, watched World War Z again, board game night at Pierre’s with Stefan and Cinthia – we played Carcassonne – nerdy, but good fun, tasted some very interesting Swartland wines, time well spent.
- The Black Keys JRE interview was pretty cool.
- It’s been a week of introspection, pondering what I should do next year. Purpose and existential stuff.
- Friday, work, backups, watched the SA vs Italy rugby with Paul at La Vie with some Hoegaarden and fresh lime, took a podcast walk to the edge of the Waterfront, Den Anker, dinner at Panama Jack’s with Adrian – good meal, a night cap at La Vie.
- Saturday, early morning promenade walk, gym, swim, sauna, braai at Nick’s, epic nap, watched Mission to Mars again – not bad for 20 year old sci-fi.
- Sauna for at least 20min at a time.
- Sunday, gym, random tinkering and reading, long promenade walk, nap, caught up on some blogging, watched Life Aquatic again – love that movie – and Jeff Goldblum.
“Son of a bitch, I’m sick of these dolphins.” — Steve
- How many adventures do you have left?
- Tunes of the week: The Black Keys – Little Black Submarines, many great songs, but I really like this one. Check out the new-ish album: Let’s Rock.
- This was a bit of a slow photo week – had to top up with some earlier photos.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.