The world is at peak bullshit…
- Week of 18-24 November.
- Monday, work, walked to the office, dev catch up, nap, sunset promenade walk.
- Tuesday, work, gym, sauna, mini nap, work, promenade walk – spotted a cute Vizsla.
- Backups are useful.
- Wednesday, work, Strolla, realised I should drink less coffee, sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Grand Master level cat herding: when every service on a fibre network matches the details in the billing system after 5 years of installing services with 32k+ services active.
- Thursday, gym, office, cross connect migration, hopefully the last one I have to do for a while, meeting, mediation session, board game night and mexican food at Pierre’s with Stefan and Cinthia, good fun.
- Friday, work, fetched Mia from school, braai at Dirk’s, time well spent.
- Saturday, tea, conveyor belt sushi with Mia, watched Ford vs Ferarri at the 2D IMAX with Jacques – epic movie, go watch it, braai, time well spent.
- Sunday, family brunch at Jacques’, Builders Warehouse visit, we dropped Jacques off at the airport, sunset promenade walk with Mia, device upgrades and backups.
- Watch Sacha Baron Cohen’s speech about social media platforms. Good speech. No easy answers. Here is my take: I think you should be able to write and (self) publish pretty much anything you like on the web. But when it comes to the distribution of the content, via social media platforms, involving algorithms that select who sees what, there should be much more responsibility, even if it’s expensive to implement. Bring back blogging and RSS. Re-decentralise the internet.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.