Bakoven, dogs, 5 braais…
- Week of 2-8 December.
- This post is late.
- Monday, pet and house sitting in Bakoven, work, took the dogs for a Camps Bay beach walk, braai with Georg.
- The Grate Dane is pretty big now, after only 6 months.
- Tuesday, fed the pets, work, the one cat went to the vet and sadly did not return, I visited the Frogfoot office in Mowbray – for the first time in years – 240 people there now, Cavendish Square, meeting in Newlands, Workshop 17, a beer at Ferrymans with Anton, Heavy Chef Cape Town Startup Week event, a beer at Den Anker with Anton.
- I lost my favourite sunglasses, because of strong wind.
- Wednesday, work, nap, Clifton 1st beach walk with the dogs, braai, watched The Irishman – good movie.
- Thursday, fed the pets, wrote a proposal, office, dev meeting, found new sunglasses, Strolla, processed some paperwork, dropped off a tile cutter, mediator session in Obs, 1890 Sushi House with Mia, we watched Shaun of the Dead again with some frozen blueberries.
- The Grate Dane destroyed some shoes I bought this week.
- Friday, work, brunch with Mia, admin and paperwork, braai gas bottle refill, Gardens Centre, Waterfront – the new 16inch Macbook Pro seems pretty cool – keyboard feels useful, added some ‘cord collars’ to charging cables, loadshedding braai with Mia, we watched National Lampoon’s Vacation – rad movie, time well spent.
- Pet hate: planned obsolescence. Stop charging cable wear and tear (phone, laptop etc) – look for something called CordCollar at Cape Union mart, and Heat Shrinkable Tubing at a hardware store.
- Saturday, fed the pets, Mia woke up from a 12h sleep, braai, we watched Talladega Nights and The Other Guys.
- Sunday, we reviewed Mia’s school report, book shopping, I made some Chimichurri sauce (for the first time in years) braai with Al, Pierre, Georg, Wouter, Stefan and Stefan, time well spent.
- Tunes of the week: No Code, Pearl Jam. Great album.
- The decade ends in a few days.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.