- Week of 16-22 December.
- Monday, public holiday, woke up in Scarborough, drove back to Cape Town with Stefan, saganaki chicken salad at Mykonos – always good, watched Pirate Radio – rad movie, epic nap, sunset walk, brain food and tempura mussels at the Mojo Market, in bed early.
- Tuesday, work, nap, sunset podcast promenade walk, bumped into Georg and walked with him for a stretch, dinner with Wouter and Zander.
- Wednesday, office, dev catch-up – last one for the year, meeting, brunch at Kleinsky’s with Michael, gym – for the first time in way too long, nap, promenade walk, dinner at Make in Sea Point with Wouter followed by a nice bottle of Monro Merlot.
- Thursday, work, gym, sauna, set up a router for Al, drinks (bubbly) with Al, Wouter, Paul and Adrian, Den Anker and Panama Jacks with Adrian, a Talisker nightcap.
- Make before you manage. Stretch before you make.
- Friday, booked Star Wars IMAX tickets, office, my last day at Octotel, last bit of admin and handover/training, a farewell drink at the Raddisson with Trevor and Koos, haircut at the Waterfront, found an Apple Watch Series 5 – early xmas present from me to me, early supper at La Vie, a glass of wine with Jacques.
- Apple Watch 5 mini review – much more responsive, new screen size is great, always-on screen feature works well, sound level monitoring is amusing, UV index is cool. Setting up the perfect watch face layout is not a trivial problem. Keeps you busy for hours.
- People who have the latest iPhone – but send voice notes like students. I don’t get it.
- Saturday, Jacques and I we cooked a big brunch, start of the Star Wars movie marathon, we braaied a picanha steak with a nice Ernie Els red – phoned Pierre to get instructions, finished watching Star Wars episode II, time well spent.
- Sunday, extended last minute xmas shopping with Mia – good fun, Franschhoek Boutique Hotel, somehow I managed to get a complimentary bottle of Chardonnay at Dieu Donne – nice views, early dinner at Chamonix / Arkeste restaurant with Mia – great Chardonnay, a Chivas nightcap at Allora, time well spent.
- I hope you had a productive and meaningful 2019, and you are enjoying a bit of downtime before the adventures in 2020.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.