Xmas, Star Wars and Rooftop Bars…
- Week of 23 to 29 December.
- Monday, woke up in Franschhoek, full english hotel breakfast with Mia, walked around town, tea and wifi at Schoon, emergency house hunting, Marilyn’s, Gelato, nap, sunset walk, Riverside Cafe.
- Our hotel went 3 days without internet. Outdoor wireless internet is not great.
- Why Creativity Is a Numbers Game
- Tuesday, earl grey tea, caught up on some blogging, hotel breakfast with Mia, tea and wifi at Schoon, more last minute house hunting – found one nice place on the planned Frogfoot fibre map, Haute Cabriere, Babylonstoren – which was too crazy busy so we left, Dalewood Fromage cheese shopping, xmas eve picanha braai at Jacques’ with a few solid red wines – heated debate about optimal picanha braaiing, opened some xmas presents, played with a drone.
“Is this the Vergelegen of Franschhoek?” — Mia, about Babylonstoren.
- Podcast queue over 100. Oh bother.
- Wednesday, configured Mia’s new bluetooth instant printer, played with the drone, xmas braai at Elise and Rossouw’s, watched Star Wars episode VII and VIII again.
- Thursday, played with openvswitch, popcorn for breakfast – watched Star Wars episode IX at the 3D IMAX with Mia, Charlotte and Jacques – Mia cried at the end – I cried a tiny bit, paintball shop with Jacques, Ocean Basket lunch, shopping for Mia’s holiday plans, afternoon at Rossouw’s, braai at Jacques’.
- Episode 9 was much better than 7 and 8.
- Friday, La Vie, lunch with Anton at Utopia rooftop restaurant in De Waterkant (used to be The Vue Sky Bar) followed by The Grand Beach Bar and Modular – Killer Robot party.
- Saturday, lunch with Stefan, Pierre and Cici at Den Anker, Vicious Virgin Bar on Wale Street, a cocktail at Gorgeous George rooftop bar, Dark Horse rooftop bar in Kloof Street, Rumbullion at the Roundhouse, good fun.
- The Mandalorian takes place about five years after the events of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi – so Baby Yoda can’t be Master Yoda, but of the same species as Yoda. The Jedi Master Yoda was the best-known member of a species whose true name is not recorded.
- Sunday, mega relaxed day, saganaki salad routine, moar Star Wars watching, brain food at the Mojo Market.
Have a fun decade, crazy kids.