- Week of 13-19 January.
- Yeah, this post is also very late.
- Monday, I made Mia some breakfast, school run, Wifi and French Earl Grey at Schoon in Franschhoek, checked out the Franschhoek Health Club, Agrimark visit – to get a Leatherman Wave+, went for a tour of Workshop 17 in Paarl – pretty cool, my first visit to Paarl Mall – interesting place – everybody speaks Afrikaans which is kinda cool, found some camp chairs on special, lunch with Jacques at the clubhouse – he brought me some golf clubs – turns out it’s free to use the driving range, watched Mia’s inter-house field events athletics – she won the shot put event, swim and sunset walk with Mia.
- I kinda lost my car in the Paarl Mall parking area, had to flash the lights and use the horn a few times – via the mobile app – security guard gave me a funny look.
- We met our neighbour at the athletics – also a single dad with the children living with him. Seems to be a thing.
- Franschhoek is hot. 29 DegC at 9am.
- Tuesday, school run, fairly productive day of working from home, gym, fetched Mia from swimming, Paarl Mall food shopping, installed a bunch of apps and eBook textbooks on Mia’s iPad while watching a Fleetwood Mac documentary.
- Fleetwood Mac – Dreams – summer of 1977.
- Fleetwood Mac – Hold Me – cool music video.
- Wednesday, school run, Volvo Cape Town to get some accessories fitted, Polestar software upgrade, Strolla, Octotel office to fetch my Airon chair, lilo shopping, fetched Mia, clubhouse pool session with Jacques and family followed by a braai at home, time well sent.
- Thursday, school run, worked at Schoon, explored Franschhoek, quick visit to the bowling club, got a data SIM for my car – car has 3 SIMs now, Wolfkop shopping, fetched Mia from swimming, caprese and carpaccio at Col’caccios, a stroll around Franschhoek.
- Data-only SIMs packages are very cheap compared to voice SIM data deals. 50GB/m for R299. Useful for downloading podcasts.
- Vodacom data SIM does not work as well as I imaged, the idea is to just use that for music streaming – listen to any song on the internet at any time, but it often just buffers when not near the major city/town areas. Vodacom data network is not that great around the winelands.
- Real men are capitalists.
- Friday, road trip to Citrusdal, Wolfchops, somehow I managed to get a medium size cut on the top of my head from walking under a tree at around sunset, medics, fun evening with Pierre, Michael, Wouter.
“What’s for you will not pass you by.” — Moloko
- Saturday, Wolfkop, we made bloody marys for breakfast with Pierre, Stefan and Faure – I somehow forgot some items at home, so I had one tshirt, and no lilo. Pierre lost his car keys. Not my best Wolfkop.
- Sunday, great breakfast at the Citrusdal hotel with Pierre and Faure, podcast and Bodzin road trip to Franschhoek, watched The Loft.
- Tune of the week: Moloko – Familiar Feeling
Have a fun week, crazy kids.