Cape Town weekend…
- Week of 3-9 February.
- Yeah, yeah, this post is also late.
- Monday, school run, Franschhoek town visit, home office, fetched Mia, early supper at La Paris Deli – nice place, sunset flaneuring around the golf course, we processed some items on Mia’s todo list, in bed by 22:00 – because of loadshedding – and then woke up because I forgot the lights on – arghh.
- Twitter: two dump trucks on fire slowly backing into each other.
- Tuesday, school run, house hunting in Franschhoek, Cape Town meeting, breakfast for supper with Mia in Franschhoek, sunset walk, finished watching Chinatown, watched I Am Your Father – good doccie – David Prowse becomes Vader 35 years later.
- Wednesday, school run, home office, we went house hunting in Pearl Valley and Val De Vie, extended sunset walk.
- Thursday, school run, brunch with Dirk at the clubhouse – tinkering with a few ideas, house hunting, quick wine tasting at Solms Delta – they have a sparkling shiraz, fetched Mia from swimming, Col’caccios, in bed early because of loadshedding.
- Friday, school run, tea at Lanzerac with Gys, Waterfront, car wash, found a new hoodie, could not avoid the L’Occitane shop, late lunch at Ginja, Sea Point, catch up with Wouter, drinks at Vixi for Kieran’s birthday, followed by Village Idiot with Pierre and Stefan, followed by a bit of a house party.
- Saturday, workshop and lunch at The Stack – cool venue, tea shopping at Enmasse, braai in Sea Point with Wouter, Audrey and some dutch fiends, time well spent.
- Sunday, backups, packing, clubhouse swim and braai for Jacques’ birthday – with a tasty Solms Delta Grenache, time well spent, happy birthday Jacques!
“When he’s sober he’s Spock, when he’s not sober he’s Kirk.” — Jacques
“I’m like Judge Dread – no Jury needed when I’m involved.” — Jacques
- Fokofpolisiekar’s music seems more relevant today than in late 2000s. Brand Suid Afrika.
- Tune of the week: Fokofpolisiekar – Hemel Op Die Platteland
Have a fun week, crazy kids.