All progress depends on the unreasonable man…
- Week of 1-7 June, wow it’s June already, how did this happen?
- Bug out, week 12, well – back to self-isolation.
- Monday, lockdown Level 3 – we can go outside again, late afternoon walk with Mia, creative writing.
- Lockdown seems pretty over for now. Hope you managed to build something, start a project, have something to say for the lost time.
- Good thing I like nagging – a teenager seems to need nagging.
- Tuesday, got up early to write the weekly blog post, we made winter braaibroodjies – in the oven – they were epic, walk, jacuzzi bubble bath with a beer – aw yeah.
- Eternal struggle, if you go sit in front of a computer first thing in the morning, you don’t get any exercise.
- Funny, now that I can buy alcohol again I’m less motivated to.
- Wednesday, Robomop and I cleaned the house, afternoon meeting, pesto pasta, afternoon walk with Mia.
- I listened to The Moment podcast again about finding a scene.
- DAs Silent March Towards Self-Determination In The Western Cape
- We added 1000 independence fb page likes this week. Ideas are bulletproof.
- Thursday, morning walk, mild slump, weird day, tired of my routine, avoided social media for the day, took a long sunset walk, emailed Derek, watched a live stream interview, watched Blow again – rad movie.
- Most of us have too many goals.
“Life passes most people by while they are making grand plans for it”
- Technology that has been around the longest has the best chance of sticking around.
- I figured out I can put keep my phone in airplane mode in the mornings with wifi on – feels a bit more peaceful.
- Friday, sunset walk, we took a drive to Stellenbosch to get pizza – the Stellenbosch streets were pretty empty.
- Saturday, pizza for breakfast, weekly shopping outing, g&t, we made ostrich burgers on the braai.
“When you want to upset a conservative lie to them. When you want to upset a liberal… tell them the truth.”
- Playing simPolitics is rather absorbing – it’s a bit like the Hunter S. Thompson books on politics – I get it now.
- I’ve discovered a problem with Robomop – it’s not designed for homes where somebody has long hair.
- Sunday, watched The Dark Knight, extended afternoon walk, jacuzzi bubble bath, we watched The Dark Knight Rises again – epic movie.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” — George Bernard Shaw
- ps. Got a mail back saying: “Wow! Fuck yeah! What a cool project!” – which kinda made my week.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.