Have you seen me lately?
- Week of 8-14 June.
- Bug out, week 13, 90 days – yikes
- Monday, played with some video making ideas, tea, podcast walk, we made pasta.
- The world went crazy in 2020, maybe social media is the problem.
- Tuesday, wrote a blog post, enjoyed some Facebook crack, Facetime chats with Dirk and Jacques, shopping outing to get supplies (drinks), Lynx estate to get wine, sunset podcast walk, made a white russian – the Dude abides.
- Pro tip: in a good white russian, you can taste the vodka and the cream – I use mostly milk but I add a bit of cream.
- Our First 4 Weeks as an Advocacy Group – things to do while in lockdown.
“Heretical thoughts, delivered in a way that capture the attention of the minority – that’s the path that works.” — Seth Godin
“Jy kla oor die toestand van ons land. Wel fokken doen iets daaromtrent.” — Brand Suid Afrika
- I finally reached 300 Instagram followers, that only took about 5 years.
- Wednesday, rainy morning, tea, winter braaibroodjies, meeting, we made soup, another meeting.
- Thursday, slept late, rainy day, mostly random work avoidance, took a social media break, Mia made smoothie bowls, Facetime chats with Dirk and Jacques, we took a sunset drive to Stellenbosch to get sushi – pre-holidays treat – nice drive – I introduced Mia to a few Counting Crows albums – watched Star Trek 2009 again with a Jamey.
- “Impatient idealist” — something Dominic used to call me.
“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.” — Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Cape independence is feasible – an open letter to John Steenhuisen
- Friday, Mia’s last day of her term of online schooling, podcast walk, caprese salad, dropped Mia off, nap, podcast walk, La Motte red and gnocchi, watched Star Trek – Into Darkness again, watched Star Trek – Beyond again.
- Beastie Boys Sabotage features in 2/3 recent Star Trek movies.
“To perfect eyesight and a full head of hair.” — Dr. Leonard McCoy
- Saturday, lazy morning, watched a live stream interview, podcast walk, watched another live stream, jacuzzi bubble bath.
- Pro tip: seems you can drop your airpods in the bath and they are fine.
- Sunday, woke up at 10am on the couch with the lights on, Franschhoek visit – spotted a logo I designed 20 years ago – with Gimp and Debian, took a road trip to Worchester via Franschhoek pass and back via the N1 – with a Counting Crows soundtrack – to go snap a pic of the snow on the mountains – see above, watched a live stream interview, watched The Big Kahuna again with a Chinas – rad movie – watch it.
- The pet project passed 4k FB likes.
- Tune of the week: Have you seen me lately? – Counting Crows
Have a fun week, crazy kids.