Civilization and growth hacking the revolution…
- Week of 20-26 July
- Bug out, week 18 – return of haircuts.
- Monday, woke Mia up for school and got back in bed, home exec tasks, photo processing and blogging, afternoon podcast walk.
- Tuesday, meeting, walk, meeting, walk.
- Wednesday, managed to put out the garbage and recycling just in time – small wins, extended sunset walk with Mia and chats about Marxism, meeting.
- Thursday, clubhouse breakfast with Mia – while she attended school on her iPad – social science class – she asked for the teacher’s views on an independent Cape – I was impressed with the answer, took a drive to Babylonstoren – while Mia attended school via the car’s wifi, helped Mia with her Afrikaans oral, Paarl Mall, bday present shopping for Elze, Mia had a haircut, Mia optometrist visit – while I had a haircut, La Paris deli carrot cake, extended afternoon podcast walk, watched Youtube live stream.
- First haircut since week of 10 Feb – can’t really have civilization without haircuts.
- I suspect Babylonstoren and Noble Hill are the same thing!
- A good sleeping bag really is rad – useful for winter movie watching and computer tinkering.
- What’s the most important thing? – adventure? yeah, feels like it at the time, but maybe it’s the story of the adventure.
“What the pupil must learn, if he learns anything at all, is that the world will do most of the work for you, provided you cooperate with it by identifying how it really works and aligning with those realities. If we do not let the world teach us, it teaches us a lesson.” — Joseph Tussman
- Is that classical music?
- How to stop being rich and happy
- Listen to The Knowledge Project interview with Derek.
- The lockdown project has almost 20k FB likes now. Kicking ass and taking names. It’s been fun.
- Updated my Fighting the Commies post.
- Friday, interesting meeting, afternoon walk, soup, jamey, jacuzzy bubble bath, watched American Psycho again – well maybe half.
- Saturday, woke up at 07:00 with the lights on – hate it when that happens, house hunting, 6 course lunch and non-alcoholic pairing at La Petit Colombe in Franschhoek with Adrian and Al – Adrian is going to Spain for a few months, woke Mia up from a 15 hour sleep, braai.
- Stop everything – watch this! Subscribe to the channel.
- Sunday, woke up at 3am and wrote most of this post, bacon and eggs brunch, watched Parasite – good movie.
- I recently tried to listen to U2 again – fond memories of their Achtung Baby album – but I just can’t take them serious after they pre-loaded their lame album on iPhones and Bono turned out to be a real chop.
- I think I’m pretty over lockdown and winter now – need to make a few changes – move house, take on a new project, start mountain biking again, shed a few lockdown kgs.
- Tune of the week: Monalisa and Mad Hatters – flashback to 2015.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.