So long Commie Virus, and thanks for all the masks…
- Week of 10-16 August
- I’m pretty much over this lockdown thing now. Looks like we can get on with out lives.
- Monday, public holiday, late lunch at Roca in Franschhoek, fetched Mia, we watched Predestination – bit like 12 Monkeys but more weird.
- Tuesday, home fibre offline – so we worked at the clubhouse, walked around to trace fibre cables – replaced and respliced my fibre.
- If you ever have the option of choosing Vodacom as your fibre operator or ISP – JUST AVOID THEM. Vodacom fibre down for 6th day. Call centre gives the wrong information. They can’t track down a device on their own network. No clue. Muppets.
- Wednesday, fibre still down – so worked at the clubhouse, rainy afternoon nap, fibre fixed, had some de-alcholised wine – which was mildly amusing but I would not recommend it, meeting.
- I found a programming course I’m keen to do – for building PWAs.
- Thursday, loadshedding, morning podcast walk and Facetime chat with Jacques and Dirk, salmon and cream cheese bagels, blogging, shopping outing with Mia – hit the cosmetics shop like a teenage girl – wait – with a teenage girl, gourmet burger braai – aw yeah.
- Adding a shot of vodka to alcohol-free beer is a thing now – Astronaut Beer.
- Phil was on a CliffCentral podcast
- Vanilla tea, the single resource that was capable of creating or destroying the empire, the basis for many of the things found in Fremen daily life, origin Arrakis, also good for space travel.
- Finally made it to 1,700 FB friends. Not really making progress with that number.
- Friday, more loadshedding, hmm, kinda forgot to make notes about Friday.
- Cherries are in season, yes! Favourite fruit.
“Never tell me the odds!” — Han
- The lockdown project now has 30k likes. The blades of glory rivalry is picking up. I’m still winning. 14k likes ahead.
- Saturday, random tinkering, watch the Renaldo live stream of the Squirrel speech – with my last bottle of red wine – lockdown looks like it’s pretty much over now – only 5 months wasted!
- Let’s not forgot, these were the 20 most fucked up weeks in recent history – remember not being able to go for a walk? wtf.
- Adrian sent me a message – warning us to not think the lockdown is fully over yet – in Spain they lifted all bans – people went a bit crazy – had to ban things again a few weeks later – so the smart money will still stock up on some drinks.
- I realised Sivers’s ‘Smart, Happy, Useful’ = Ikigai
- Sunday, last minute outing to Spier, late lunch at Vadas smokehouse, river-side walk around Spier, watched parts of Aquaman, dinner at the hotel – I think we were the only guests, photo processing, watched Taken 3 – the Istanbul version – not bad.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.