- Week of 17-23 August
- Loadshedding level 2 and Lockdown level 2.
- Monday, woke up in Stellenbosch, full English breakfast at Spier with Mia – while Mia wrote a test, drove home while Mia attended class – online schooling is pretty cool.
- Somehow I picked up an ear infection, seems to happen once a year. Ear infections kinda limit podcast walks – to one ear.
- Tuesday, town doctor visit, shopping outing, legally purchased some drinks at La Cotte, quick Moreson wine pickup, afternoon meeting.
- Wednesday, ear infection can be a bitch – woke up at 2:00 to take pain meds, loadshedding – so we had a late lunch at Grande Provence, chai latte at Big Dog Cafe, meeting.
- Thursday, walk – to get salmon bagels, sushi night, extended Facetime chat with Jacques, watched Sneakers again – rad movie – soundtrack is also great – kinda jazzy.
- Rebels vs Empire
- Friday, up early, #VoetsekANC Friday, podcast walk, lunch with Mia at the clubhouse, dropped Mia off, driving range, podcast nap, random tinkering.
“Pessimism is good. Negativity is bad.” -— Rob Duigan
- Saturday, Dirk phoned me awake, perfect weather day, my car’s autopilot drove most of the way to Boschendal for a coffee with Dirk, mountain bike shopping with Dirk, long phone chat with Anton in Belium, jacuzzi bubble bath, watched Sphere (1998) again.
- I think I’m keen to get into mountain biking again. The golf idea is not really taking off.
- Sunday, watched The Signal (2014) – meh, gourmet burger braai with Mia.
- CIAG now has 35k likes.
- Tune of the week: Counting Crows – Possibility Days
Have a fun week, crazy kids.