- Week of 26 Oct to 1 Nov
- Monday, woke up in Cape Town, catch up with Faizel at Strolla, Waterfront – got two new pairs of slops – and could not resist the L’Occitane shop as usual, Orms, Glen Carlou wine tasting, fetched Mia.
“A Gentleman is never rude by accident.”
- Tuesday, school run, weekly meeting.
“Man is a beast of burden.”
- Wednesday, wine tasting at Antonij Rupert Wyne – Cab Franc 2013 gets a thumbs up, usual weekly meeting – but this time with Sony a6400 and f1.4 35mm lens – semi pro video conferencing.
- Thursday, tea, school run, tshirt designing, afternoon outing to the Wellington traffic department to go have our drivers licences renewed – productive outing, back to Glen Carlou for a quick wine tasting and a liquorice paring, fetched Mia from school, cooked supper with the a new steamer – worked pretty well.
- Glen Carlou has excellent wines – support them.
- Friday, party shopping, flower shopping, car wash, Mia hosted a party for 9 girls, club house pool visit, sushi dinner, two epic chardonnays: Glen Carlou Gravel Quarray and Rustenberg Five Soldiers, time well spent.
- Pistachios are addictive.
- Do you want Cape Independence to become a reality? Donate. South of South Africa.
- Saturday, I made berry smoothies, cut up a watermelon, we watched Empire Records, nap, watched Mulholland Drive with Mia.
- Best day of my life so far: Sunday May the 4th 2014.
- Funny how when you read the news everything is getting worse, but when you look around you everything is getting better.
- I survived my first ten teenager party.
- Word of the week: prescient.
- Sunday, woke up on the couch at 07:00, home exec tasks, we made green smoothies, Mia and I went shopping, braai with Jacques, Neil and family – and some good red wines, club house pool swim, we watched the rest of Mulholland Drive – and then watched the explainer video – obviously, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Xavier Rudd – Follow The Sun
Have a fun week, crazy kids.