White chocolate and socialism…
- Week of 16-22 November
- Monday, school run, photo processing and blogging, shopping in Franschhoek with Mia – finally did those sodastream refills, sunset podcast walk, upgraded two laptops to OS11.
- Teenagers don’t seem to be able to keep watches charged so I ordered Mia a Casio with 10 year battery life.
“I was a jerk; I did the work for somebody else’s dream.” — Wheatus
- Tuesday, school run, weekly meeting, my first pilates class, watched Back To The Future – great opening scene, afternoon walk, white wine spritzers.
- PragerU: How Do We Make Society Better?
- Wednesday, school run, gym in Stellenbosch, Leeu Estate spa day – only people at the spa, weekly meeting, time well spent.
- Thursday, up early, morning podcast walk, school run, Mia’s first exam day, breakfast at Boschendal, fetched Mia from school, Paarl Mall visit, my 2nd pilates class, roast chicken supper, white wine spritzers and white chocolate, we watched When Harry Met Sally again – pretty sure I’ve seen it 15+ times.
- Stop everything. Watch this. Rowan Atkinson – Fatal Beatings
- Friday, up early, morning podcast walk, school run, Boschendal, fetched Mia, pool visit.
- Saturday, Mia did some dog sitting, Cape Town day, breakfast with Wouter and Rene at Camps Bay Retreat – always nice, a beer at Den Anker, in the words of Mr Fox: a clustercuss of an afternoon – involving a visit to The Westin Spa – comedy of errors, drove home with Disintegration – The Cure soundtrack.
- That pool and sauna on the 19th floor is pretty cool.
- Sunday, breakfast with Mia at the club house, had a bit of a no drama llama moment – remember kids: “simplicate and add lightness”, finished watching When Harry Met Sally – great movie, afternoon walk, watched The Princess Bride again, long facetime chat with Jacques with some Glen Carlou Gravel Quarry red – probably me favourite red wine at the moment, standing desk blogging and photo processing with a Counting Crows soundtrack.
“Harry Burns: There are two kinds of women: high maintenance and low maintenance.
Sally Albright: Which one am I?
Harry Burns: You’re the worst kind. You’re high maintenance but you think you’re low maintenance.” — When Harry Met Sally
- Mia and I agreed that I can not date anybody that’s into socialism or likes white chocolate.
- Tune of the week: The Cure – Pictures Of You
Have a fun week, crazy kids.