Good Deal, No Deal, Bad Deal…
- Week of 4-10 January.
- Health week 3/8, back under 100kg. One meal per day.
- New respect for – and focus on – staying active and healthy.
- No alcohol for the rest of January, well – more like very little – only on weekends.
- Monday, woke up at the Arabella, morning walk, swim, hair cuts at Somerset Mall, Plumstead, Pearl Valley, Bantry Bay, nap, sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Tuesday, BIA machine visit with Rene, gym, swim, weekly meeting, long phone chat with Jacques, nap, sunset podcast promenade walk to the Waterfront.
- Hot cold relationships, when to quit: when the hangover goes on much longer than the party.
- Wednesday, swim, Waterfront to fetch an Airpod Pro replacement, sunset promenade walk to Camps Bay with Rene.
“The world is not shaped by fence sitters.”
- Thursday, 1km swim with Rene – Joe’s swimming academy, oysters at Mojo market, we made ginger and turmeric shots, laundry day, La Tete dinner box, sunset podcast promenade walk, long phone chat with Anton in Belgium.
- The world has gone a bit crazy lately. Next 5 years are going to get weirder. Communism without the socialism.
- Something I wrote in March last year, if you are interested in some immune boosting ideas to try and prevent (serious) covid issues.
- Something I wrote in 2015: Why I Don’t Use WhatsApp
- No deal is better than a bad deal. Not getting a deal is not a sin. Taking a long time to not get a deal is a sin. So… 1) Good deal. 2) No deal. 3) Bad deal. 4) No deal, taking a long time.
- Friday, early morning promenade walk, coffee at Stepbrothers with Wouter, I drove to Franschhoek, we had a late lunch at Lust Bistro at Vrede & Lust.
- Saturday, woke up at Vrede & Lust, we went swimming at the Val De Vie 50m pool, Paarl Mall to buy some shoes and a shirt (for dinner) – I figured out it’s been more than a year since I had to wear formal shoes, afternoon at Moreson with King Julian, nap, last date at Rust & Vrede – excellent food – I was a bit late so had to drive faster than usual – which was fun, kinda managed to get trapped by the 9pm curfew – awkward.
- The eye in the sky is watching us all
“Snippy, snippy. No bus-ride treat for you.” — Igby Goes Down
- Sunday: woke up in Pearl Valley, Komma, brunch at Jacques’, Bantry Bay, nap, watched The Dark Knight Rises – always liked the ending scenes.
- How Instagram gives back
- Tune of the week, again: Fokofpolisiekar – Komma – interesting lyrics
Have a fun week, crazy kids.