Space Monkey, Mafia…
- Week of 1-7 February.
- Health week 7/8.
- Monday, woke up in Pearl Valley, drove to Stellenbosch, phone chat with Dirk, coffee with Eduan, ginger shot at the gym and a 1km swim, found some swimming ‘power paddles’, drove to Cape Town, ostrich burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s, sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Tuesday, morning podcast walk to Clifton, weekly meeting, lunch at Strolla, nap, sunset walk – we can visit the beach again and have drinks.
- Wednesday, up early, coffee in De Waterkant, found some new (zero drop) trail shoes, gym, swim – with my new paddles, car wash, breakfast in Green Point, we found an ankle bracelet, Waterfront shopping, a beer at Den Anker – it’s been a while, Point Mall, nap, weekly meeting, dinner with Wouter, Rene and Justin, after sunset podcasts promenade walk.
- Thursday, 1km swim with Rene, a last lunch at La Tete with Wouter, Sonja and Rene, nap, weekly meeting.
- Friday, up early, podcast walk to Clifton, weekly backups, lunch at Glen Carlou, wine tasting at Nobel Hill.
“The cure to boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” — Dorothy Parker
- Saturday, braai at Jacques’.
- Deprivation is usually a good cure – for modern problems.
- Sunday, fetched Mia, Franschhoek, Anura wine tasting, lunch at cosetcha – very good, wine tasting at Glen Carlou, swim, some Tannat red with Wouter and Rene, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Billy Joel – We Didn’t Start the Fire – read the background story
Have a fun week, crazy kids.