Memonto mori – you are mortal, life is short.
- Week of 22-28 March.
- Monday, PV club house breakfast, fetched Mia, road trip to Montagu, hot springs visit, walk, evening hot springs visit.
- Tuesday, slept until almost 10am, hotel breakfast, chilled afternoon, tour of the Montagu farm stalls, The Barn on R62, pizza, evening hot springs visit.
- Wednesday, slept late, R62 road trip with Mia, we stopped for lunch at Christina’s bistro at Van Loveren, scenic drive to Somerset West, dropped Mia off, a quick Dirk visit and a tour of his new irrigation system, sushi at the PV clubhouse and a sunset walk.
- Thursday, the big dentist day, had to be driven home, smoothies and meds, sunset podcast golf course walk and a phone chat with Jacques.
- Pro tip: Just skip the root canal and go for the titanium screw option. Not bad at all. Only snag – I’m now on my 4th antibiotics course and I have a whole bag of meds including pro-biotics and steroids – which I think are to help the bone settle around the screw.
- Friday, up early, network configs, walked to The Yard and had lunch, drove back to Cape Town, braai with Wouter.
- Two types of jobs: 1) doing things others don’t want to do, 2) doing things others can’t do. If you are not in engineering, you are in support.
- Saturday, breakfast at Naked with Wouter, photo processing, backups, walked to the Waterfront, late lunch at Den Anker – steak tartare – easy to chew, oh bother the L’Occitaine shop closed, a glass of red wine with Wouter.
- Listen to the Jerm interview with Stefan Moleneux.
- Sunday, Clifton beach walk, Debian 10.9 upgrades, nap, configured a VM in London and played with mysql replication, pasta and red wine with Wouter and Justin.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.