Win and help win…
- Week of 29 March to 4 April.
- Monday, walked to the Waterfront, Mussels Monday with Adrian at Den Anker, nap, sunset podcast promenade walk – 15k steps.
- Tuesday, morning walk to Clifton, last day of antibiotics – thank goodness – 4 courses of antibiotics over 3 weeks – not ideal, bloody mary and an all day breakfast at Hemelhuis – yum, a quick Beta Beach visit, nap, sunset walk to the Waterfront – 15k steps.
- Watch this: Cape Independence Explained in Just 2 Minutes
- Social media rehab started.
- Wednesday, rainy morning walk to Clifton, Mia turned 15 – yikes, pumpkin flapjacks, home office day, sunset walk, saganaki salad at Mykonos Taverna – 15k steps.
“Nothing lasts as long as a short term workaround. There’s nothing so permanent as temporary.”
- You can now get Atomic over the Vumatel fibre network, if you live in the Cape of Good Hope.
- Thursday, early morning DC visit – Airpods Pro work pretty well for noise cancelling in a DC – braai with Wouter, Luke, Justin and Shona.
- Turns out you can remotely mount a recovery boot disk via IPMI.
- Friday, random tinkering, sunset walk, oysters at the Mojo market – pro tip: when you’ve recently had dental surgery – avoid tabasco, watched a Netflix doccie with Wouter.
“Woke supremacy is as bad as white supremacy” — news headline this week
- Saturday, smoothie making, backups, device charging, packing, road trip to Laignsburg, met up with Paul and drove to their farm.
- Sunday, swim, nap, climbed on the roof to take some photos – too windy for the drone, a few Radlers (see roof, Radler and Paul above), braai.
- The term Radler originates with a drink called Radlermass (literally “cyclist liter”) that was originally created by Innkeeper Franz Kugler in a small town named Deisenhofen, just outside Munich. During the great cycling boom of the Roaring Twenties, Kugler created a bicycle trail from Munich, through the woods, which led directly to his drinking establishment. On a beautiful June day in 1922, a reported “13,000 cyclists” crashed Kugler’s party. Fast running out of beer, he blended it 50/50 with a lemon soda he could never seem to get rid of, and the rest is history.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.