Attempting winelands life again…
- Week of 12-18 April.
- Monday, woke up in Franschhoek, school run, Cape Town visit, dermatologist – the smell of your own flesh burning is disturbing on some level, brunch at Bootleggers, Den Anker, Franschhoek.
- Tuesday, school run, Boschendal, weekly meeting, salads at Col’caccio with Mia, more than one Jamey at the guest house with the owner.
- Wednesday, school run, Boschendal – try their fish and chips, admin day, Wellington vet visit, club house sushi.
- The Facebook pet project turned one and managed to get 64k likes.
- Stayed on a guest farm for a few days, pretty much the only guests – the hospitality industry can not be happy.
- Thursday, school run, Boschendal, some VoIP tinkering, weekly meeting.
“People who claim to know jackrabbits will tell you they are primarily motivated by Fear, Stupidity, and Craziness. But I have spent enough time in jack rabbit country to know that most of them lead pretty dull lives; they are bored with their daily routines: eat, fuck, sleep, hop around a bush now and then….No wonder some of them drift over the line into cheap thrills once in a while; there has to be a powerful adrenalin rush in crouching by the side of a road, waiting for the next set of headlights to come along, then streaking out of the bushes with split-second timing and making it across to the other side just inches in front of the speeding front wheels” — Hunter S. Thompson — about distraction
- Listen to: Mastering Indistraction – Nir Eyal
- Friday, last guest house breakfast for a while, school run, Boschendal, some batch email hacking, moving day – always fun, back to the guest house, nice salad, in bed early.
- Saturday, drove to Paarl and back – a few times, sunset walk and phone chat with Jacques, salads and G&Ts, in bed early.
- The iPhone Measure AR app is pretty cool.
- Sunday, fetched Mia, furniture shopping, all day breakfast, nap, sunset walk, first night in the new house.
- I think I’m feeling more at home in Paarl / FHK this time around.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.