Fibre install, shooting range, Jordan…
- Week of 26 April to 2 May
- Monday, fibre install part two, pretty much took a whole day, but I have fibre internet now, made a white russian to celebrate, facetime video chat with Jacques, assembled a hifi and tv system.
“Curiosity will take you further than talent.” — Shane Parrish
- Tuesday, rainy Freedom Day morning, made a green smoothie, shooting range with Adrian and Michael, a Guinness at The Toad, La Parada in Constantia, macOS, iOS, watchOS upgrade day.
“Utopia without personal accountability.” – Jacques, on selling socialism
- Wednesday, school run, Paarl Mall shop, Century City – got a new NASA pillow.
- I now remember why I pretty much avoided Century City for 15 years.
- Thursday, school run, catch-up chat with Dirk, Boschendal, Frasnchhoek, vitB shot, pizza at Col’caccios, this was the first cold day in a while – so I had some red wine and a bath.
“Before you heal someone, ask him if he’s willing to give up the things that make him sick.” — Hippocrates
- Friday, school run, organised my new office, drove to Stellenbosch, Nick’s birthday dinner at Jordan – good fun.
- Saturday, 3 hour epic wine tasting at Jordan with Nick and Simone, (very) deep tissue massage, sushi.
“I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.” — Hunter S. Thompson
- Sunday, walked to Back’s to get some steak, long phone chat with Jacques, braai for one, sunset podcast golf course walk.
- Pro tip: get a digital thermometer for your braai. Take red meat off at around 46 degC, chicken and wors at 72 degC.
- Remember kids: calm is a superpower.
“Be impatient with action, but patient with results.” — Naval
- Tunes of the week: Dying Breed and Caution from Imploding the Mirage album – The Killers.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.