Enjoy the silence...
- Week of 10-16 May. Health week 2/6.
- Monday, school run, Boschendal, Paarl Mall, filled the dishwasher with salt, found an electric flossing device - Jacques' suggestion.
- This playing house house thing is kinda amusing, but somehow it feels like a reverse Fight Club plot - I'm starting to notice the tiny bubbles and imperfections in glassware.
"Even the glass dishes with tiny bubbles and imperfections, proof they were crafted by the honest, simple, hard-working indigenous peoples of... wherever." -- Fight Club
- How do people not clean all the photos off their phones weekly? - would drive me nuts keeping all the random photos around. I sometimes delete up to 150 lame photos and screenshots per week.
- Tuesday, school run, breakfast at Back's, gym, weekly meeting, Paarl, food shopping, found some 800 thread count Egyptian cotton linen on special.
- Pet hate: meta comms, communication about communication, something like: I saw your message and I will read it when something else happens. Just read it, when you can, no need to report on your communication habits.
- Wednesday, long phone chat with Ben about routers, gym.
- Remember kids: Curiosity. Adventure. Freedom. Independence.
- Thursday, VdV gym - which sucked - loud music, walked to the PV gym, smoothie making, home officing, mid week braai with Mia, sunset podcast walk.
"We should have started from scratch to build a world-class Mxit smartphone app," he said - uhmmm, yes, like Dirk and I suggested in the very early days, hash tag face palm - this probably also needs a muppets comment
- I calculated the local water hardness to be 1.4065217 mmol per l - which is considered 'medium' - for the dishwasher.
- Friday, up early for some server tinkering, gym, inbox-zero - for the first time in a long time, Paarl, TV shopping, Nick and Simone came to visit for the weekend - sushi at the club house, played some random card game - which was a bit painful.
- 10 years is probably a good upgrade cycle for TVs - I bought an LG 4k OLED TV. It supports IPv6 - the CX55 - and then somehow lost the optical cable so could not connect it to the amp. Have to grin at the branding. LG = Lucky Goldstar.
- I think I'm a conservative that scores high in openness - interesting challenge - in finding life partners - as Jacques likes to remind me.
- Saturday, I baked a flowerless banana bread, rainy (outside) lunch at Rupert & Rothchild with Nick and Simone - very good, wine tasting at Glen Carlou - always good, we found that optical cable and made the new TV play some music, time well spent.
- The Rupert & Rothschild Classique 2017 is good stuff, good value.
"The ringer cannot look empty." -- Walter
- Egyptian cotton bedding in winter is pretty rad.
- Sunday, club house mimosas, campari, big braai with friends - which made me happy - epic red wine - Anthonij Rupert Cab Franc 2014, nap - woke up to some Depeche Mode (enjoy the silence), watched Wolf of Wall Street with Paul and Adrian - rad movie, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Light Years - The National - hat tip Paul.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.