Women are chaos...
- Week of 17-23 May. Health week 2/6.
- Monday, watched Blade Runner with Paul - the original, non-director's cut version - where Dekard narrates the story - pretty sure I remember watching this version in the 80s at Jacques' house - but sadly I did not blog then - so I can't tell you when exactly.
- Tuesday, cooked some steak and eggs with Paul, Tempur mattress toppers arrived - 7cm version, weekly meeting, sunset podcast walk, I finally watched the recent Nvidia keynote - you can now get a 400Gbps network card for your PC - which is 40,000 times faster than the network cards we used to play Quake with around 1998 in the Stellenbosch house - you have to scratch your head to think of an industry that has progressed more.
"Learn something about everything and everything about something." -- Thomas Huxley
- Wednesday, gym, Cape Town day, dentist checkup, Waterfront - got a green salt keeper - for the last step of the braai process, De Waterkant to get pillowcases, Indian dinner with Wouter and Rene at Sundoo - very tasty - nice catch-up.
- I think I may have stumbled upon an interesting new networking project. Now I just need to build a lab.
- Pro tip: dental implants take much longer to settle in the top of your mouth, slower bone growth rate.
- Sleep 2.0 upgrades complete: NASA pillow, NASA mattress, 800 thread count linen, silk pillowcases, fitbit to track sleep - I seem to get sleep scores in the low 80s at the moment, but slowly improving.
- Thursday, rainy day, Paarl outing with Mia.
"Dating is just wondering why someone is single, then figuring it out." -- spotted in an Instagram story.
- Friday, some reading about XDP, minor surgery on may arm - more collagen will be consumed, long phone chat with Dirk, network meeting, sunset walk, 9.5h sleep - the fitbit was happy.
- Saturday, fetched Mia in Franschhoek, afternoon of Camparis at Moreson with old friends and new friends.
"The Truth, when you finally chase it down, is almost always far worse than your darkest visions and fears." -- Hunter S. Thompson
- Sunday, slept late, braai with Mia, nap, some Netflix watching - The Office and some lame zombie movie to test the Dolby Vision (4k) and Dolby Atmos features of the new TV.
- Tune of the week: Give A Little Bit - Supertramp
Have a fun week, crazy kids.