Life is not a dress rehearsal...
- Week of 24-30 May.
- Health week 3/6.
- Monday, braai meat for breakfast, home officing and playing SimISP, some creative writing, gym, watched The Office with Mia - she loves that show - the scene where Dwight receives a fax from his future self is epic.
- Worth a watch: Pandemic simulation games
- Tuesday, gym, weekly meeting, 100G network card arrived - Mellanox Connect-X Dx6, sushi with Mia at the club house, we watched Death Becomes Her.
- Wednesday, up early for some server admin, gym, fetched Mia from her new tutor, watched 21 - cool movie.
- Thursday, TV wall mounting and other house fixes, hmm, no other notes for the day.
- Pro tip: Do not date women who are into horses. Thinking types and feeling types don't really work. Only about 25% of women are MBTI thinking types. I need to find somebody passionate about learning and creating. Not horses. Yes, I'm single again.
- Friday, up early for server tinkering, mpstat is useful, deep tissue massage and a sauna at Le Franschhoek - because winter, slept like a baby - 89 sleep score.
- Finally found that bug that caused me to get up at 4am a few times recently. The Debian 10 kernel does not handle its IPv6 route cache well. It seems you need to be Rainman to operate a software router at high speeds.
- Jacques has been on a health hacking podcast walking mission recently, so we've been comparing notes. Kinda like my 2018 days. Walking and podcasts - cool long term life hack.
- Saturday, server tinkering and testing, dinner at the club house with Nick, Simone, Lulu and Michael, we made the first fire in the new fireplace, time well spent.
- Sunday, braai, sunset podcast walk, watched the squirrel covid update, bath.
- Podcast queue zero - let's hope the new Derek Sivers audio book is ready soon - How To Live.
- Tune of the week: Dire Straits - Romeo And Juliet
Have a fun week, crazy kids.